Truth about XPT wheel stops!
Wheel stops are excellent traffic control measures used to limit the movement of a vehicle in a parking space and allow drivers to park vehicles accurately. The drivers can stop cars once their wheels are locked before hitting any parking lot walls.
In this way, the damage to property, landscape, road users and sidewalks is prevented with wheel stops.
Normally, you can buy wheel stops from the market or online but researching about brands before making a final deal help to choose the best product, so these parking kerb brands can make this process easy. XPT is also one of the wheel stops brands, and here you can find everything about XPT wheel stops.
What are the specifications of XPT wheel stops?
XPT wheel stops are made from rubber and do not break, crack or chip while in use. They are a good choice to mark separation for cars and other vehicles in public, private or commercial parking zones. Above all, you can use these wheel stops in indoor and outdoor environments because they don’t affect heat or cold.
Here are some detailed characteristics of XPT wheel stops:
- The material of XPT wheel stops allows vehicles to stop in their position without affecting the tyre or vehicle body. Some wheel stops are rigid to ruin wheel alignment or axle structure, but these wheel stops have no bad impact in parking lots.
- You can find XPT wheel stops in black with white or yellow markings. Typically ten markings per wheel stop are highly visible against black rubber. Four reflective markings are on each side, with single colourations on both corners. If you are travelling in the dark or low light area where XPT wheel stops are installed, their identification is easy compared to surface-painted parking blocks. The markings are moulded to increase visibility.
- XPT wheel stops can be installed on different road surfaces, including concrete or tarmac with bolts, screws, and fitting plates.
- XPT wheel stops are 1,800 mm long, suitable for cars and vans. They prevent vans and LGVs from moving past a certain point and avoid impacting infrastructure or pedestrians. The long wheel stops also make a barrier and prevent the car bonnet from hitting the mirror or extending to the curb.
- Each wheel stop has pre-drilled holes that allow it to be installed quickly. You don’t need to add extra effort to make holes in the XPT wheel stops.
What are the best places to use XPT wheel stops?
Wheel stops are an economical solution for managing traffic on roads with huge traffic volume and secure markets and shops from collision accidents. Sometimes, teen drivers don’t have enough driving skills to carefully park cars and cannot accurately park cars despite all efforts. They either damage other cars or the shop set up. So, there are some main places where XPT wheel stops can be installed:
- Hospitals, clinics and parking lots of any medical care area have huge traffic volume. In addition to general public cars, emergency vehicles and ambulances need to be carefully parked without affecting anyone around. So, XPT wheel stops can be installed at these sites to align parking and secure building.
- There are many people visiting shopping markets, plazas, and stores and assuring their traffic safety should be the first concern of the authorities. XPT wheel stops allow vehicles to be accurately parked without hitting other vehicles.
- XPT wheel stops discourage fatalities in office parking and boost their confidence to move or restrict vehicles based on the placement of XPT wheel stops.
- Often neighbours remain offended by the low-speed impact of your vehicle on their premises. If you are new to driving and don’t have good driving skills, it is better to place wheel stops at your entrance so your inexperience would not trouble others. This will also help to learn proper parking techniques.
- You can use these wheel stops where passenger and school vans are parked. At one time or another, drivers over-shot parking space and make contact with another stationary vehicle. While it is quite dangerous in loaded motor vehicles and must be avoided with proper wheel stops placement.Lastly, wheel stops give parking solutions at any site where parking needs to be managed.
How do XPT wheel stops help in parking spaces?
As XPT wheel stops are long, two units are required per parking space. One for the front wheels and the second for the rear-end wheels. Using this sequence, you can make parking infrastructure with proper spacing, so the front and rear wheels are spaced from the walking area.
The wheel stop material is not slippery and prevents vibrations during car parking. Thus it helps rear-wheel-drive or front-wheel-drive cars to stop at the right spot.
You can place them in front of your home to prevent car contact with your garage door house wall, planters or other obstacles. The wheel stops also prevent accidental bumps caused by reversing the garden wall. Above all, parking outside is difficult in cold because the foggy mirrors do not give the ideal location of the parking spot, and you accidentally collide with the wall.
To avoid this problem, you either have someone to assist your car parking, or you take control of steering just based on assumption. While wheel stops placed near pavement maintain a reasonable distance between walkways and cars. Signage, traffic signs, speed-limit signs, stop signs, parking signs, speed signs, and other traffic control devices help safely park cars and other vehicles.
Similarly, if you are making parking in driveways, for buses or passenger cars, keep a margin of a pedestrian crossing with the distance between each vehicle. In spacious parking lots with huge traffic volume, it is also necessary to use traffic cones, speed tables, ramps, speed bumps, speed humps, speed cushions, rumble strips and other traffic-management devices to slow down speeding vehicles.
Does XPT wheel stop installation difficult?
The installation of XPT wheel stops is not different from wheel stoppers of any other brand. The fasteners required to install wheel stops may differ depending on the surface on which you need to place. You may need different fittings for gravel and concrete surfaces to ensure wheel stops are fixed but do not move when pressure is applied.
Similarly, wear protective gears, arrange a wrench, washers, bearings, socket, leveler, gasket, mounting brackets to tightly secure wheel stops.
Plus, make sure to read clear instructions on the product manual, check the fixtures and arrange tools accordingly.
Transportation engineers make wheel stops with proper fittings, so don’t try to include or remove additional accessories. It will give nothing but can damage the fitting of your wheel stoppers.
Plus, use a leveller and keep a proper distance of wheel stops from curbs to prevent hazards. This helps in traffic calming and makes crosswalk plus roadway safe.
Wheel stops or parking blocks help heavy-duty vehicles, trailer wheels, trucks, car wheels, motorcycle wheels, and even bicycles to lock their wheels during parking. Sometimes vehicles moving at high miles per hour (mph) speed go out of control when parking at their positions. In these cases, wheel stops do a great deal to stop them, and if not installed, vehicles’ front bumper or bonnet can collide with pedestrians, buildings or other stationary objects.
While for a personal parking area, you can also place a speed bump, speed table, rumble-strip, or ramp for additional assistance. When everything is perfect, pedestrian safety will be ensured, and everyone will have the right of way.
WHO ARE WE?
Are you curious about us? Do you wonder what are our know-hows and where do we manufacture our products?
WHEEL STOPS & PARKING BLOCKS
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN
Need any advice about our products? Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help.