Facts you need to know about Easy Rider speed bumps!
Traffic management and traffic control devices come in different forms and shapes, such as speed cushions, speed bumps, speed humps, speed ramps, and traffic cones. When placed strategically, they manage traffic conditions and make traffic slow down on roadways, city streets, and parking lots.
Speed bumps are vertical deflections installed on a roadway and areas where buses, motorcyclists, motorists, and bikers are close to pedestrian traffic. This traffic calming and speed-limit tool forces vehicles to reduce their speed by around 10 miles per hour (mph) in high pedestrian traffic areas.
There are many speed bump brands in the market, and Easy Rider speed bump is one of them. This is a well-known brand that offers many benefits. Read the article to learn some interesting facts about this traffic-control and traffic safety device.
Facts about Easy Rider speed bumps
Enlisted below are some facts about Easy Rider speed bumps that you must learn to decide whether you should buy them or not.
- They are manufactured of 100% recycled rubber, which makes them eco-friendly. Since rubber is a kind of flexible and soft material, these speed bumps go easy on vehicle tires when a vehicle drives over them speedily. They also produce less noise pollution compared to some other speed bump brands.
- They are made highly visible with moulded-in cat’s eye reflectors and reflective tapes. Whether they are installed on a lighted or dark road, the motorist, motor-vehicle driver, motorcyclist, and emergency vehicle driver can see them clearly and reduce their vehicle speed on time.
- They come in the form of sections. You can join as many sections as you want to increase speed bump length according to your needs.
- They are easy to install due to the built-in holes for lag bolts and anchoring spikes. Once installed, you will not have to spend much on maintenance because they won’t warp or chip.
- They are resistant to different environmental factors, such as high temperature, UV radiation, moisture, water, and oil.
- They also have channels of varying diameters at the bottom, which can help stormwater drain without any hindrance. You can also place water hoses or cables in the channels for protection purposes.
- They have end caps at both ends, which you will have to buy separately. An end-cap keeps the ends of road bumps and tires of vehicles protected.
- You can install these traffic safety and pedestrian safety tools for both permanent and temporary purposes whenever the need arises.They come in varying sizes helping municipalities and property owners control traffic-flow and traffic volume to lessen the number of road accidents, fatalities, crashes, and collisions.
Why are Easy Rider speed bumps good?
Easy Rider speed bumps are effective and valuable speed control devices designed by transportation engineers for pedestrian, vehicular, and motorcycle safety. Here are the reasons why Easy Rider speed bumps are good.
- Easy Riders are good for roads, traffic lanes, streets, and bike lanes where the fatality rate is high, and pedestrians need to be protected.
- Because of their construction material, which is rubber, they can be installed on dirt roads as well, making them a more versatile choice for traffic calming measures.
- You can install them to regulate traffic on roads or streets where traffic flow is high. People tend to avoid roads that have more speed bumps. If a road around your school has a high traffic flow and you want to make it safer for your students and pedestrians, you can install speed bumps, wheel stops, sign-posts, and traffic signs on them to reduce the number of vehicular traffic.
- Easy Rider speed bumps are available in different heights that make vehicles of varying sizes to diminish their speed. When you install them on the road or around a sharp turn, intersection, pedestrian crossing, and roundabout, you help speeding vehicles reduce their speed. This prevents unwanted accidents and damage to vehicles.
- Easy Rider speed bumps slow down all kinds of automobiles on an asphalt driveway and pavement, including bicycles, scooters, fire trucks, motor vehicles, and other vehicles. So you can install them almost anywhere you want to manage traffic volume and improve road-safety.
Should you install Easy Rider speed bumps in your parking lots?
Parking lots are the areas that have a high foot as well as vehicular traffic. Both forms of traffic have a close interaction, increasing the risk of collision between them. If you are a parking lot owner or have a small parking area where your home residents park vehicles, it might be a good idea to install speed bumps to enhance their safety.
Users of your parking lot will prefer your parking lot over others that are insecure and have a high accident rate. Pedestrians will also feel safe when walking through your parking area. It will improve the reputation of your parking lot business and increase your revenue.
If accidents occur in your parking area, you should install speed bumps to make them secure for everyone.
Are there any disadvantages of Easy Rider speed bumps?
Although speed bumps offer many advantages, they also have some disadvantages that you must learn before you invest in this tool. Here are the reasons why people may not like Easy Rider speed bumps.
- These speed bumps force all kinds of vehicles, including emergency vehicles and police cars, to reduce their speed. As a result, police or an ambulance may not reach its destination on time. This can put lives at risk.
- When vehicles drive over speed bumps, they produce an unpleasant loud sound. If residents live around a road that produces noise, they may find it distressing. The noise feels even more disturbing if it is frequently produced around educational institutes, offices, and work areas that require silence.
- Internal parts of vehicles that drive over speed bumps at high speed have a high chance of getting damaged. This way, speed bumps may reduce the life expectancy of parts of a vehicle.
Where should you place speed bumps?
Speed bumps and other traffic calming devices like a speed hump, speed table, and speed ramp should preferably be placed on a levelled road surface.
If you place them on an uneven road, the sudden change in incline may make the speed bump higher than required.
You can use a speed bump in almost any place with vehicular traffic. You can install it on a road, street, parking area, driveway, and garage based on your needs.
Speed bumps are a traffic calming device exhibiting a number of benefits. The Easy Rider speed bump is a well-known brand of speed bump. It is available in rubber material. It has reflective tapes to make it more visible to drivers and pedestrians when driving or walking in a dark area.
Easy Rider speed bumps have end caps that protect their ends from the damage caused by the heavy load. End caps also protect vehicle tires from getting damaged by the edges of the speed bump end.
You can adjust the length of this speed bump according to your needs because it comes in sections. You can join a varying number of speed bump sections to achieve their desired length. Easy Rider speed bumps are maintenance-free, and you can install them in a few minutes since they have built-in holes.
WHO ARE WE?
Are you curious about us? Do you wonder what are our know-hows and where do we manufacture our products?
RUBBER SPEED BUMPS AND HUMPS
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN
Need any advice about our products? Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help.