How does the Ultimate wheel stop work?
Wheel stops are traffic calming devices used at parking spaces, city streets, off-street parking, on-street parking, and other public or commercial car parking areas.
These wheel stops interfere with wheel axles and stop cars from alerting drivers that they are going beyond the parking spot. When wheels are locked with parking blocks, the incidence of a vehicle collision with surrounding objects, cars, and the building is avoided.
Thus, wheel stops contribute to road safety and prevent accidents and fatalities from saving a life. To reach for more detailed information, we advise you to check our brief guide for buying wheel stoppers. Regarding parking kerb brands, many wheel stop providers have different products. Ultimate wheel stops are also used to make parking zones safe.
Here you can find everything about Ultimate wheel stops.
What are the characteristics of Ultimate wheel stops?
Ultimate wheel stops are parking kerbs that act as a buffer between vehicles and the nearby to avoid hazards. These wheel stops alarm drivers to control their steering wheel and stop at the correct position.
So, here are some features of Ultimate wheel stops:
- The Ultimate Wheel Stop’s construction material differs from many other brands, and they are manufactured using an ultra-tough High Impact Resin – LLDPE.
- Ultimate wheel stops resist UV, moisture, oil, and extreme weather conditions. It shows that the wheel stops can bear wear and tear and do not break or crack with extensive traffic flow.
- The wheel stops are corrosion-free and do not rot in different road conditions.
- You can find four colours in Ultimate wheel stops, including black, bright yellow, blue and grey. There are no reflective strips as they are entirely coloured wheel stops, but epoxy panels on either side of wheel stops increase their visibility.
- They are visible in day or night light due to the bright colours and ensure rear-wheel-drive cars or front-wheel-drive cars get conscious.
- These wheel stops are lightweight, and one person can lift or move from one place to another.
How do Ultimate wheel stops help in parking spaces?
The Ultimate wheel stops help maintain parking infrastructure and make off-street parking, on-street parking, and garage parking secure car wheels.
The wheel stops limit the movement of a vehicle by physically obstructing car wheels and helping maintain the parking lot’s order. This improves the appearance of the overall parking lot and gives customers a good-looking parking space.
Systematically placed wheel stops make the first impression that you have good parking facilities and convince people that your parking will be safe for their vehicles.
Installing Ultimate wheel stops in temporary or permanent parking zones prevents vehicle encroachment on the sidewalk, pavement, driveway, or curb.
This prevents car bodies from over-shooting into sidewalk areas and helps pedestrians, cyclists, and the general public avoid accidents.
As a result, the placement of parking blocks ensures pedestrian safety and makes a clear route for handicaps.
Similarly, due to improper design, some wheel stops can affect the rubber wheel and the wheel accessories, such as wheel studs, washers, wheel nuts, bearings, front and rear axles, and even disc brakes.
Ultimate wheel stops are supportive of wheel rims and do not cause disturbance to the wheel alignment.
In addition to using wheel stops at parking places, your car must have a wheel speed sensor, functional brake system, warning light, mirrors, and proper lock to avoid any issues.
Where to use Ultimate wheel stops?
You can use Ultimate wheel stops in different car parking areas, but the goal is to alert drivers that the following wheel stops to park their vehicles are the safest option.
Otherwise, they can collide with anything on the premises, including trucks, cars, buildings, emergency vehicles, etc.
So, these are some places where Ultimate wheel stops can be used:
- Airport parking has a huge traffic volume where thousands of vehicles check in daily, and making accessible parking for all these vehicles is a big concern.
You can use Ultimate wheel stops in these areas and make sure that there is no collision risk.
- Similarly, parking in shopping markets, stores, plazas, and other grocery centres can be managed with wheel stops.
These traffic calming devices clearly show people where their vehicles should be placed without extending the parking lot.
- Hospitals, pharmacies, and medical care centres are quite sensitive places. Physically disabled patients or people with other problems cannot withstand minor collisions.
These wheel stops allow drivers to safely park their vehicles in the correct parking position without causing an accident.
- At the same time, you can use Ultimate wheel stops in warehouses, factories and bus stations.
- If your personal garage has parking space and you often hit a wall or nearby objects, you can install wheel stops.
- Ultimate wheel stops are long and can be installed in general parking spots for front or rear-drive cars. Make sure to couple wheel stops with other traffic control devices like signage, bollards, speed bumps, speed humps, ramps and traffic cones for complete traffic control.
Can Ultimate wheel stops be used in handicapped parking?
Ultimate wheel stops have a ‘Disable Blue’ colour in their wheel stop range and can be used in the disabled parking bay. This is a parking space on a public road marked by a white line around a wheelchair.
Handicapped parking is also common in parking lots to designate a particular area for people with disabilities to help them park their vehicles safely.
You can use yellow, black, grey or wheel stops of any colour in general parking zones, but blue is a code for disabled parking. This colour distinction makes it easy for drivers to recognize that this parking is not for everyone and respect this segregation.
If everyone parks vehicles in the special parking, disabled persons will find it difficult to move and find a way to park cars.
Are Ultimate Wheel stops a tripping hazard?
Considering tripping hazards with road safety products is necessary because people of every age are on the road, and any unsafe product can result in accidental falls.
Typically, the road surface, like asphalt paving or gravel, also decides whether the surface is slippery. But wheel stops could also be the leading cause.
Ultimate wheel stops have some pattern on the surface that adds to the friction and avoids slipping. If a bicycle or pedestrian has contact with the wheel stops, there will be nearly no chance of tripping.
Still, everyone should be cautious and not walk on the wheel stops deliberately.
Wheel stops, commonly known as parking blocks, allow drivers to drive carefully and park their vehicles correctly to avoid accidents.
Sometimes garages, roadways and other areas don’t have proper parking for four-wheel vehicles.
In such cases, you can have a parking permit and use wheel stops for better stability control and eliminate accidental brakes to stop the car.
Similarly, before going on the road, check the engine, gears, brake pads, brake lines, and power steering to control the vehicle in the parking lot.
With a better acceleration control system, there will be no car vibration risk, and you can park the car with wheel stops.