Secrets about Traffic Logix speed humps!
Speed humps are traffic control devices or physical obstructions on roads for speed reduction and traffic management to prevent the collision of vehicles.
The speed humps keep traffic volume under control with bumps on the road and force drivers to slow down for pedestrian safety. Motorists, bicyclists, cars, and school buses travel in a smooth traffic flow, which also helps traffic police enforcement to control traffic volume.
Thus speed humps are important traffic calming measures that must be installed on roads or city streets. We also have another article introducing a speed hump purchasing guide, don’t hesitate to discover more!
To get maximum benefit, the best speed hump suppliers can help you find the best products. Similarly, Traffic Logix is another well-reputed name in road traffic safety equipment.
So, let’s get their speed humps’ secrets.
What are the specifications of Traffic Logix speed humps?
Traffic Logix speed humps are a good choice for traffic management on city streets and roads where accidents take people’s lives.
So, the specifications of Traffic Logix speed humps are:
- The speed humps are raised traffic calming devices with a sloped design, and Traffic Logix speed humps are comparatively curved in shape. They are installed across the width of the road to slow cars down.
- Traffic Logix speed humps are made of 100% recycled synthetic rubber with a minimum tensile strength of 500 psi.
- There is no degradation of speed hump material, and they are environmentally friendly.
- These speed humps are customizable; you can interlock pieces to attain the required length.
- Traffic Logix speed humps are visible during the day and night. Road users and drivers can easily identify them on the road, even in low light conditions.
- You can see standard markings on Traffic Logix speed humps, such as yellow or white squares or arrows. All these markings are made of reflective tape to increase visibility.
- Traffic Logix speed humps are not prone to breakage after a long installation time as rubber is a durable and sturdy material that increases the life of road safety equipment.
- Additionally, these speed humps are quickly installed with easy-to-follow steps. Traffic Logix speed humps alone are not beneficial unless speed signs, traffic signs, or parking signs are used to warn road users about speed humps. They get conscious of warning signs and attain dynamic speed.
How do Traffic Logix speed humps help in speed reduction?
Traffic Logix speed humps reduce the speed of oncoming traffic with bumps on the road. They are particularly installed in areas where pedestrians and people are in close proximity, with a great risk of collision.
When people reach near-speed humps, they get a clear idea of vertical deflection and get ready to slow down. If they don’t reduce speed despite seeing a speed hump, they get a jolt that ultimately helps them slow down.
Typically, speed humps are used in areas with a limit of 15 to 20 miles per hour (mph), making roads safe travelling zones. If you want all vehicular traffic to follow speed humps, installing them with proper spacing would be great.
Keeping traffic rules in mind, place two or three-speed humps across the entire width of the road. With such placement, you will get the advantage of steady traffic flow because vehicles neglecting the one-speed hump under their wheels will be forced to slow down at the next points.
At the same time, speed humps are designed in many lengths, and the size used depends on the location. Similarly, different designs also determine how much discomfort is experienced in the vehicle.
For instance, Traffic Logix speed humps are available in 7 feet and 14 feet dimensions. The desired design of speed humps depends on the required speed reduction. 14 feet wide speed humps give more bumps than 7 feet wide, so they help reduce speed.
The same is the case with other situations in which the size of speed humps is varied to increase or decrease the speed of vehicles. So, when selecting speed humps for public or private use, make sure to keep all these things in mind and make a final decision.
Where to install Traffic Logix speed humps?
You can install Traffic Logix speed humps where vehicles with plenty of speed can cause fatalities. These sites could be your home or office driveway that remains busy due to vehicular traffic. The speed humps installed in such places allow visitors to drive and prevent their vehicles from being damaged.
In addition to this, there are many areas where speed humps help to reduce traffic flow, such as:
- You can install Traffic Logix speed humps in school zones because school buses are loaded with students, and overspeeding vehicular traffic can hit buses.
- Similarly, offices, large parking lots, and outdoor parking areas have collision issues. Uncontrolled vehicles collide with cars or property, which is not acceptable. So, installing speed humps ensures drivers drive slowly in the parking zone and avoid accidents.
- When it comes to calm traffic, keep city streets your first priority to discourage speeding vehicles. People of all age visit the streets, and no placement of speed humps allow drivers to go rashly, which is an absolute danger for everyone.
- Traffic Logix speed humps are good for airports, highways, roadways, and intersections. Sometimes teen drivers make huge trouble for expert drivers, and their poor driving skills cause trouble on the road. So the best solution for such drivers is to keep them in speed with the help of speed humps.
- Speed humps are not always the best choice on emergency routes as they can delay the response time of ambulances and fire trucks.
- Last but not least, you can also install speed humps in parks, playgrounds, or other commercial sites where several vehicles enter and exit simultaneously.
How to install Traffic Logix speed humps?
Installing Traffic Logix speed humps is not difficult, and you can do it without much effort. You can bolt down to the road with the necessary fittings and drive cars or heavy-duty vehicles.
Additionally, Traffic Logix speed humps give temporary or permanent speed reduction solutions. The individual units snap together to make functional speed humps fixed on roadways.
Sometimes, streets or roads do not have plenty of vehicles, but some construction projects or traffic jams can divert vehicles. In such cases, temporarily using speed humps becomes necessary because everyone wants to be on time and underestimates traffic rules or signals to drive slowly.
So, install speed humps and remove them when high traffic is divided into the original route. This installation and removal will not take much time and manpower.
Speed humps, also called road humps, are great traffic calming measures installed on roads and city streets for speed reduction. The speed humps give drivers a jolt and help smooth traffic flow. They normally extend curb to curb and keep drivers within the allowed speed limit.
Some people mistakenly assume that speed humps can result in falling accidents. This is absolutely a misconception, as speed humps do not give sudden or sharp bumps. The raised section is high enough to slow down vehicles, not interrupting bicyclists or pedestrians.
So, always prefer good speed humps and similar road safety equipment to slow down vehicles, as just road signs cannot reduce speed.
To learn more, we advise you to refer to the following pages: